Monday, June 6, 2011

In the Distance

 The theme over at I Heart Faces this week is Distance.


I took this photo of balloons in the distance last week when Mary Elizabeth, Stephen and I went out "to chase" balloons that flew from Freedom Weekend Aloft.  


In this photo, if you look closely, you can see a person in the basket of the balloon releasing the fires. You can see the excitement of people running around as the balloon takes flight. You can see the Carolina sunset sinking into the trees as the balloon and it's passenger reaches for the sky to bid good night.  

6 comments:

  1. Very nice photo! No matter how old I get I still stop and stare anytime a hot air balloon flies by (which is rare around here). They are truly beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous06 June, 2011

    Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful image! Love the balloon and light in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep. Your right I looked close and saw your descriptions. Lovely picture but ... What you can't see is ONE exasperated little girl explain "chasing balloons ALL. Night. Long" with her Mother! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely sunset and silhouettes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome picture.
    I too still love to look up in wonder at a hot air balloon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I will do my best to visit you back!

Have a great day!