Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Something Bee-ish

I went running this morning. The circles and arrows are still in the road but the rain is finally fading them. Things have settled down around here finally and people are starting to get back to a normal life.
Shuuuu, that was really creepy!
When I run, I take one of my kids I-pods with me to listen to and check up on the things they are listening to…….Today I took Kathryn’s. She had her favorite songs from the girl bands she likes and some songs Matthew and Stephen like. But, the thing that really stopped me in my tracks was the Catholic Apologists she had on there. I could not help but completely stop, turn around to see who was talking to me and then smile when I realized it was John Martignoni and Catholic Answers.
I wondered….. is that for me?? Or what??
..…I will tell you my kids know much more then I do or ever have about our Catholic faith. They teach me so much every day………Who wouldn’t be happy with this life I lead? There are many shaky moments in this very busy life but, it is good.
Don’t worry ~ my kids do have a sense of normalcy…As I sit and type Kathryn and Stephen are arguing about something silly. Matthew is at his Spanish class and is shall I say….. indignant we can’t have his friend spend the night this weekend because of a debate workshop he really needs to go to…..

He demands to know “WHY!?!”
I really don’t have an answer for him just simply; I think he should go… I think that is good enough. I don’t expect him to be the top debater. I don’t even expect him to come in the top 20. I just think it will help him in ((gulp)) college, which is coming all to fast for me. It seems when you home school you have to prove yourself to the secular world, which makes us work harder. I have to laugh……because it is all good for us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why does it seem everything happens at once?
This weekend my cousin and her family, Jen, Charlie and the kids , are coming in from San Diego. They will be staying with Jen’s mother of course and It turns out….Auntie’s neighbor has graciously offered her deceased sister’s condo for Auntie or Jen to stay in while the family is here. This condo is right across the hall from Aunties two bedroom home. How nice of this woman to offer.…
Jim is home with his love, hanging in and progressing after the stroke. Karen, Joey and Anthony are coming down this weekend too and we have a busy weekend planned with dinner with friends, the debate work shop and the boys are digging out a ditch for Grandpa so he can lay pipes from the old well to the pool house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
According to Matthew: "there are black berries to pick for the wine, fields to clear for the grapes, pipes to lay for Grandpa, a Spanish exam to study for and Bees to tend too. He just does not have time for all this….company and worse!! Debate stuff!"


I don’t think I have told you about the Bee’s...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It turns out Stupid Rick is really not that stupid after all. Well, some days…he is really stupid and then some days He is not that stupid . Huuuu? Who knew? I don't want to give him too much credit!

He is into many things and he is including our sons into his hobbies. I just find this all so amazing. To think, he would want to be bothered with all this teaching he is doing with our sons.....A couple of weeks ago he took Matthew and Stephen to a three day seminar at Clemson University to study Bees.
The boys loved it! They where up before and out the door by . The three of them could not wait to get to class. They could not wait to get there hands dirty and into their new projects. It was all so exciting to see.
We are reading and studying Bee books now. I think we will take this opportunity to study Bees as our science this year for Stephen and Kathryn. There is so much to learn when it comes to bees. It is just amazing!

Rick has been kind enough to call the boys when he will be working with the bees and always includes them when he is doing something like; finding the swarm, extracting honey or something Bee-ish.

6 comments:

  1. Okay, I think I missed something. Who is "Rick" and why is he "Stupid"?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stupid Rick is my neighbor. And Husband to my very good friend...He is stupid because when he started running a month ago ((after NOT running in 10 years)) he run a 9 minute mile... after a cigarette.

    Now ya see??

    I haven't asked him what he was running lately...I'm not sure I want to know. :-)

    I wrote about him in one of my posts..."Where's the Chocolate."

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pics are AWESOME!!!! And you know Stupid Rick absolutely LOVES including the boys. You know how it is when you really like something... like it so much you want to share it with everyone? (well, with the exception of chocolate, of course! LOL) We both love your kids and its like sunshine to our hearts that they even want to be bothered with us and Rick's left-field interests/hobbies! And AWESOME about potentially studying bees in science this year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow..awesome pictures. I am so afraid of bees...and i haven't even been stung. You lead a very exciting life.
    Look forward to your posts as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been a secret follower for a while and I have to tell you your posts are just getting more creative. In your profile you say your not a writer. You are quite the writer!

    Keep up the good work.

    Love your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think( I know no one asked me...but) Rick has such a talent. He even likes chickens, his honey is the best my husband and my son has EVER tasted, his lawn and house looks fabulous, his children are beautiful, wife ins't that bad either....now if only we could get him to run a little slower,maybe he is tring to avoid the bees.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I will do my best to visit you back!

Have a great day!