Thursday, March 7, 2013

Me and my Nikon D5000

I didn't tell you. 


Santa bought me a big girl camera for Christmas. 

AND OH! MY Gosh!  

I love it. 


It's so much fun playing with it and learning new things. 

This week I am learning about the F- stop and what it means to my camera. Even though I don't really understand what it means. . . I understand how to make the back ground in my photos fuzzy . . .and really that's all I want. . . this week.  I'll get the rest sooner or later. . . I hope. 


So, what does F-stop mean??? Uhhh, well it has to do with aperture So, the lower  your f-stop number is the more out of focus your back ground becomes.  I know that much is true.  You should also have your camera set on aperture mode or A when you want this effect. 


So, . . . I think all this means - the wider the eye of the lens opens - the lower the f-stop goes - meaning more light comes into the eye of the camera. Or all this might mean - the lower with the f-stop the less light goes in to the eye of the camera. . . Mmmm, I have to study it more. . .don't take my word for it. 

You should look it up and tell me - as you can tell, I find it all very confusing.   


 I just know: I really, really LOVE the camera and I love the effect I get when the F-stop number is low. 

Bubbles anyone???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Little by Little

8 comments:

  1. You lucky girl, what a wonderful camera!

    I love bubbles, but now all grown up...LOL, I love pink bubbles in my Champagne and a lot of bubbles in my bath ;)

    It took me a while understanding aperture, light etc. etc. There are some awsome tutorials on Youtube and Two peas in a bucket has free lessons on photography too. My latest class was with Tracey at Big Picture Classes.

    All your pictures are lovely, and I know you'll love and enjoy your photographic journey. I'm still learning.

    Hugs,
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are great! I wish I had spent a little more and got a better camera when I bought mine. Live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your BGC! I can remember feel very fuzzy trying to understand it all several years ago. Persistence and hard work will reap big rewards! Go for it! Those are some sweet looking little girls. Love the bubbles.

    ReplyDelete

  4. My Twin and I are still struggling with F-Stop and we both LOVE taking photos and that doesn't stop us :)
    You are lucky you have cute willing models.

    Our first linky party is on at:
    http://www.pret-a-vivre.com/2013/03/ready-to-waltz-party-time.html

    We hope you can join us.
    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures look great, Lisa! Enjoy the new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikon cameras are GREAT! Hubby has the D7000. Have fun taking pictures with yours!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I will do my best to visit you back!

Have a great day!