Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Uncle Joe


Our Father's Brother,   Joseph J. Finnell Jr , has died today.


Growing up my Father and Uncle Joe were very close. . . like brothers should be. But, they were more then that. These two were best friends. 

 The loyalty of their relationship for both men lasted a life time.  

 As the two grew older and distance separated them the love the brothers had for each other  reached 1000 miles and grew in their children.  Even though my brothers, sisters and I didn't know Uncle Joe very well the stories of their childhood together lived on in our father. Our father loved and admired his brother. We delighted in hearing the stories of years gone past of the two friends growing up in the city of Boston; selling papers at a very young age,  jumping on street cars for a free ride, dreaming on the deck of a yacht they could only sneak on and just simply running amok.                        

  I can only think as Uncle Joe's daughter said ~  "The brothers are together again." 

It is with a heavy heart we say, Rest in Peace Uncle Joe. We all have a great love for you. 

11 comments:

  1. My heartfelt sympathies to you and your family. Hold on to those memories and continue to pass them along. In doing so your father and uncle Joe will continue to live in your hearts and in the hearts of future generations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for your family's loss, Lisa. My dad and both of his brothers were very close, with wonderful stories of Virginia. Good memories give one comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lisa... so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your loss, Lisa. {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so very sorry for your loss, Lisa. You are in my prayers,

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the words of your cousin, Together again, is appropo.

    My Father had such a brother. Texas and California separated them. But I loved to sit and list to them talk. I was spellbound by what was their everyday adventures as farm boys growing up

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful way to memorialize this relationship. So sorry for your family's loss...

    ReplyDelete
  8. How amazing that the legacy of such amazing men lives on in you and your family. I could just imagine the friendship from the way you described these men and their boyhood adventures. Special memories to be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry for your family's loss. What a beautiful legacy of memories those brothers have left your family. You will be in my prayers.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry for your loss Lisa.
    Thinking of you
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I will do my best to visit you back!

Have a great day!